Opportunities are available for highly motivated researchers to conduct Postdoctoral, PhD, Masters, and Undergraduate research in our laboratory.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time we are only considering applications for students interested in taking Masters Thesis/’Memoire’ projects.
General Information: Postdoctoral and PhD fellowships
For Postdoctoral researchers funding is available from the FSR (calls each December), FNRS (calls each October), and ERC Marie-Curie Fellowships (calls each May). PhD positions are similarly available through the FSR (calls each December) and FNRS (calls each October).
If you are interested in human movement control, skill learning, motor imagery, or action observation, and would like to join the BAS lab, please email robert (dot) hardwick (at) uclouvain (dot) be. In your message please provide:
- An outline of your research interests
- A project you would be interested in conducting in the lab. Note that for a project to be viable to apply for funding, it must relate your previous research experience to the ongoing research interests of the lab, and involve using methods available in the lab.
- A copy of your curriculum vitae.
Note that this funding is extremely competitive:
- Postdoctoral Fellows must have (at least) a paper in a relevant subject either submitted or published in a peer-reviewed international scientific journal.
- PhD Positions require you to have, or be on target to achieve, a 120 credit masters degree in related subject with a ‘grand distinction’ or equivalent. Having published papers in peer-reviewed international scientific journals will also strengthen your application.
Beyond the stimulating scientific environment, there are several advantages for incoming Graduate researchers. Postdoctoral and PhD positions in Belgium are generally well reimbursed, and our lab is located in Brussels, allowing you to work and live in the capital of Europe.
General Information: Masters Students & Undergraduates
A list of possible projects we would be interested to supervise, and details of how to contact us for further information, can be found here.